Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: A 7-500 question

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Bill F777's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2007
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the info! It is nice to know they are factory. I have some 803 B woofers that were reconed for 8 ohms, {they might even be Altec cones, they have the vent hole in the dust cover in the center of the cone} I could give them a try. I have been running the speakers with 2000 H.Z. crossovers, and they sound great. I could hook them up bi amp and exparament with the new woofers, because I know the 803 B will not go up to 2000 H.Z.

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member
    A 7-500 question


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    The 803 is basically the 416- prolly what you have now after the recone. Should give you a little more bottom.

    Removing the loading caps on the HF will give better highs, but use caution crossing below 1200 hz.

    From there it's fine tuning the port, and crossover options.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Conrad55's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2011
    Location
    Osceola, Indiana, United States
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A 7-500 question

    The Model 1208 B 's were shipped as a "put it together yourself" kit. I wouldnt be surprised if they didnt come with cut outs for the dividing network.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.